Volunteer to help the Missouri Libertarian Party
There are many ways YOU can help the Missouri Libertarian Party and its candidates.
- Make friends for the LP.*
- Sign up with the National and Missouri Libertarian Party as a volunteer.
- Write letters to the editor of your local newspaper regarding current issues and libertarian solutions.
- Contact one of our local affiliates. If you don't see one in your area consider starting your own.
- Attend a libertarian event in your area.
- St. Louis-- http://www.meetup.com/StLouis-LP/
- Kansas City-- http://www.meetup.com/libertarian-127/
- Columbia-- First Thursday, noon luncheon, Angelo's Pizza (south side of town)
- Springfield-- First Saturday, Library Station, 6pm (2535 N Kansas Expwy)
- Volunteer for a shift at the Missouri Libertarian Party booth at the Missouri State Fair. Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check the list of Libertarian Candidates. We have candidates for President of the United States, US Senate, all the US Congress seats and all the statewide offices except Attorney General. (Governor, Lt. Gov., Secretary of State, Treasurer) We have 5 candidates for State Senate, 16 for State Rep, and 5 candidates at the county level.
- JOIN the National and Missouri Libertarian Parties.
- Attend the Missouri Libertarian Party Annual Convention.
- Run for office as a Libertarian, and be a county committee person for the Libertarian Party
- Donate to the Missouri Libertarian Party and our candidates for office.
1) Make friends for the LP
Claim it--absolutely all your friends and family should know you're Libertarian. Use your social media. Like the Missouri Libertarian Party Facebook page.
Be friendly when you're talking about it. Say something nice about the LP whenever politics is discussed.
2) Get informed
Know who is running for office on our ticket, and where people can find them.
Every Missourian will see at least 7 Libertarian Party candidates on their November ballot including President.
3) Ask someone to vote for a Libertarian
You may not be able to convince your mom to vote for Gary Johnson for president, but you can make a convincing argument that voting for a Libertarian who is running against an incumbent will not cost her anything. That is, turn the wasted vote argument around. She's wasting her vote whether she votes for the incumbent or against them. Incumbents almost always win. If your mom loves you, she'll vote for at least one of the Libertarians on her ballot.